Fruit Smoothies
I have discovered that smoothies are delicious and nutritious. No sugar added--all natural. One night for Young Women's, I led the girls in a 20 minute aerobics drill, followed by some yummy smoothies. I made berry and tropical smoothies. Above is an easy recipe to guide you in creating your own refreshing beverage (click to enlarge). Below is a picture of the ingredients. I found 2 frozen bags of fruit which contain several individually packed bags, each one perfect for throwing into the blender. Otherwise, I use fresh fruit. Today, I froze my extra fresh fruit before it goes bad. I hope to use them later this week.
Picture 1: My attempt to freeze mixed fruit (portions for 2). I'm just about to put it in the freezer. I copied what was in the store-bought berry pack: strawberries, blueberries, grapes (surprise), and bananas. Sometimes I add raspberries. James likes to add an apple.
Picture 2: My peach (canned), blueberry, strawberry, banana (all fresh), orange & pineapple juice with plain yogurt smoothie. I prefer some frozen fruit.
2 comments:
I like the tips. I have some bananas in my freezer. They definitely have been there longer than a day:) Adding lemon juice sounds like a good idea. We LOVE fruit drinks and the tropical blend sounds yummy. It sounds like the activity was a success! Way to go on being an instructor!
we love fruit smoothies around here! the kids think they're getting the best treat in the world. its so fun seeing posts on your blog! um, mineral pools vacation sounds beyond amazing!
Post a Comment